By the end of a jubilant celebration of lesbian books, Spinsters Ink and Bella Books authors had collected six Goldie Awards for a wide-ranging set of titles from lesbian memoir to lesbian romantic suspense.
The awards began with a touching tribute to five "Lost Sisters": Sarah Dreher, Rosemary Keefe Curb, Akilah Oliver, Adrienne Rich and of course Barbara Grier. Then it was off to the races with the Debut Author Awards at the beginning and the brand new Lee Lynch Classic Award at the end.
We proudly congratulate our winners and all of our many finalists as well:
- From Spinsters Ink, When We Were Outlaws: a memoir of Love and Revolution by Jeanne Cordova in Short Story, Essay and Memoir. This completes an amazing Triple Crown for the work, adding to its Judy Grahn Award and Lambda Literary Award
- From Bella Books:
- Hell's Highway by Gerri Hill in Mystery/Thriller
- Marching to a Different Accordion by Saxon Bennett in Dramatic/General Fiction
- Open Water by Pol Robinson in Debut Author
- Tats by Layce Gardner in Romantic Suspense/Instrigue/Adventure
- When an Echo Returns by Linda Kay Silva in Paranormal/Speculative Fiction
Thank you to all the readers who came to the conference this year making it a great success!